DIY Whipped Coconut Sugar Scrub

This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this blog.

Has this winter been harsh on your skin? Here in Seattle our winter air is very drying so I am constantly looking for ways to increase the moisture in my skin. Moisture can’t be added unless the old, dead skin is removed and this sugar scrub is a perfect solution. This sugar scrub can easily be created in 5 minutes!

DIY Whipped Coconut Sugar Scrub

Whipped Coconut Sugar Scrub
There are two main ingredients for this sugar scrub: coconut oil and white sugar. A third ingredient of essential oils is a nice touch but optional.

Directions:

Place 1 cup of coconut oil in a microwaveable safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds; this is just to soften it a bit. Pour the coconut oil and 1 cup of white sugar into your mixer and whip until thoroughly combined. If the mixture isn’t whipping up to become smooth, microwave it for 10 seconds and put it back in the mixer. If you would like a different scent, whip in 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil. Without essential oil it does have a light coconut scent but it is not overwhelming at all.

Whipped Coconut Sugar Scrub

I found my jar at my local Value Village but it could also easily go in a mason jar or here is a similar one. I like this jar because it will help keep it airtight and fresh.

To use, simply rub approximately 1 Tablespoon on skin then rinse off. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.

What is your favorite way to keep your skin moisturized? Share your tips in the comments!

Comments

1. 6

says

you know, I’ve tried several scrubs before and I’ve just never seemed to feel like they worked. The one from the Gnarly Whale was my favorite, but even then. I don’t know if it’s user error (probably) or what, but I never got the hype! Do love that you can make them yourself!

2. 9

says

I have never tried making my own beauty products, but you make this look so easy that I think I should. Thanks for sharing this great post at the This Is How We Roll Link Party. I can’t wait to see what you bring next week! I am sharing this on one of my social medias!

3. 10

says

I love homemade coconut oil sugar scrubs. My daughter and I have made a few with great results! So good for your skin.
    Thanks for linking up at a pure Blog Love Linky Party! The party starts at 8 p.m. EST Thursday. Love to see you there. I’m hosting at homemadefoodjunjkie.com

4. 12

says

This is a great idea and easy to make, thank you for sharing it
    Do you keep the scrub in the fridge? I ask because where I live coconut oil is always liquid when not refrigerated as it does not get cold enough for it to solidify at room temperature. If I made this scrub it would just be liquid oily water.

• 13

Kendra says

I keep mine in the bathroom but coconut oil is always solid here in Seattle. It might stay solid enough because of the other ingredients.

5. 15

says

I just recently discovered the world of sugar scrubs – it has been a game changer for my dry flaky skin! I’ll be featuring your sugar scrub recipe at The Scoop this Monday night. Thank you for linking up!

• 16

Judy C says

My dermatologist highly recommends this in just the pure form – no sugar. A great natural moisturizer for sure and to chase the winter dryness away. Enjoy. Judy