Emmett is One Month Old! This month has absolutely flown by. Emmett already has a few preferences, and we have discovered a few things that have made our days (and nights) easier. I’m sure that many of these items will remain favorites over the next few months.
Baby’s Favorite Things – One Month Old
Below are the things that have been essential for the past month.
- Love to Dream Swaddle Up – We’ve tried a variety of swaddles in the past month, peapod styles, velcro wraps, standard swaddle blankets, and his absolute favorite is the Swaddle Up. This swaddle allows him to keep his hands up at his face (or in his mouth), and we love the double zipper for easy diaper changes at 2am.
- Tommee Tippee Pacifiers – We had a bunch of Tommee Tippee bottles at home that we were hoping he would use, so when we were walking around buybuy Baby in Portland, I grabbed a pack of these. They quickly became his favorite pacifiers so I went out and bought more of them. There are a bunch of them spread out around the house (yet I still always seem to be hunting for one).
- Nuna Leaf Grow – My mom wanted to gift us an item that we really wanted off our registry. The Nuna Leaf wasn’t available at the retailers where we had registries, but I told her that it was an item I really thought he’d enjoy. I love that it will grow with him and he can use it for years. He. Is. A. Fan. Like seriously. He will simply sway away, and even though it doesn’t have a motor, ours is chihuahua powered because Pip & Princess end up rocking him whenever they check on him.
- Tommee Tippee Bottles – Years ago, I was ambitious and thought that our adoption was imminent. I got a bunch of tommee tippee bottles (and then hoped that our future child would like them). Fortunately, he is a fan!
- Water Wipes – Going into this, I really thought that wipes were wipes. I had a few different sample packs of wipes that I tried out, and after trying a couple others, I discovered that the water wipes were the gentlest on his little bum. I bought a pack when they went on sale during Prime Day and I’m sure they’re going to become the standard.
- Pampers Swaddlers, Size Newborn – These were the diapers that were used in the hospital. When we got discharged, the nurse gave us a couple small packs to get us through the next few days. We’ve been gifted a few other types of newborn diapers as people had some leftovers, but the Pampers Swaddlers have been our favorites of them all.
- 4moms Breeze Plus Playard – Playards are going to be essential throughout the next few years, and I’m all about things that make my life easier. I have some pretty awesome friends who discovered my baby registry as I was building it in Portland. This and other items showed up to my doorstep over the next couple weeks and I’m so thankful.
- Baby Tula Carrier – Emmett loves to hang out in the Tula carrier. He easily falls asleep in there and gets all snuggly. I love that I can carry him around, and still have both my hands for whatever activity I need to do.
- Zippered Sleep & Play – They’re pajamas, they’re an outfit, they’re perfect for these first days of life. The zippered ones are so much easier to use than ones with snaps.
- Cute Bodysuits (Awesome options from Jane.com) – Ok, this is definitely more me than him, but at this point he has no opinion on his clothes, so might as well put him in something cute. I have lots of cute outfits, but it is also nice to put him in a simple bodysuit at times too.
- Little Giraffe Luxe Blanket – This blanket is soft and feels like heaven. One of my friends got it for her son years ago and she said that it maintains softness throughout years of washes. Emmett is a fan of this blanket, it works great for a soft spot to lay him on the floor for tummy time, or wrap him up when it is a little chilly.
- Baby Brezza Formula Pro – I bought this a few years ago, and then I spoke to some friends who had recently adopted a newborn and they said that their baby would drink formula at any temperature so I wasn’t sure if it would get much use. We absolutely LOVE this machine. We have it set up in the nursery, and it is so nice to simply press a button at 2am and have a perfectly measured bottle appear.
All of these items have been AMAZING the past month. If you or somebody you know is having a baby soon, these would be awesome items to add to a registry or give at a baby shower. What items did your kids love at one month old?