I hesitated a little bit before signing up for this month’s Spiked recipe challenge. I had no idea what I was going to do to cook with beer (the only way I cook currently with it currently is to throw some brats in it before putting them on grill). I thought about it a bit more and figured if I could find a fruity-ish beer then maybe I could use it in a dessert.
Fortunately, we had bought some Kona Brewing Co from our 4th of July party and one of them was made with Passion Fruit! Score!
Beer Infused Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
- 1 can Peach Pie Filling
- 4 cups Blueberries (if you use frozen make sure they are thawed and drained or you will get a soupy mess)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Kona Brewing Wailua Beer
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pour the peach and blueberries into a 10×13 pan
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar
- Add in the other ingredients and combine until smooth
- Pour the mixture over the fruit
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until batter is completely set.
I have a feeling that this cobbler isn’t going to last very long before it is gone. The beer and banana complemented each other well in the cobber batter and it wasn’t overly sweet. I would definitely make this again, one of the great things about summer is that there are so many berries in season so this cobbler could be varied easily to use raspberries, blackberries, etc.