I am always running late on my way to work. I like to sleep as long as possible which leads to me running out the door and often waiting to get breakfast until I get to work. Any food that I can make a head of time is great because I can grab it and eat at my desk.
One thing that I have started making are mini egg scrambles. They are really flexible to whatever your tastes prefer.
Ingredients (makes 10):
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Options for Flavor:
- Bacon (I put it in raw and it baked in the oven)
- Bell Peppers
- Scramble the eggs in a mixing bowl
- Mix in seasoning and optional meats & veggies
- Pour into a well greased muffin tin
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until egg has solidified
- Once cooled, use a knife to pry the eggs out of the tin
- Reheat by microwaving for 30 seconds
While making my coffee in the morning, I put two of them in a Tupperware and then microwave and eat them when I get to my desk. I love that it is super simple and fast.