Not all recipes turn out as expected. Last weekend I picked up a bunch of cherries and had planned on making these wonderful muffins to post today. Instead, the muffins failed.
I knew something was wrong when I was mixing up the batter and noticed the consistency seemed more cookie than muffin. At this point I almost pulled out the cookie sheets to try that instead; however, instead I added some milk and hoped that would help. The milk thinned the batter some; but it was still a bit thick as I scopped them into the muffin tin.
About 5 minutes into the baking process the cupcakes had risen and looked almost like meringue. I pulled them out of the oven and decided that they definitely did not turn out correctly. Tasting them confirmed my suspicion further as they were super dense and bland.
I had hoped to make a bunch of these and freeze them but I will definitely need to find a new recipe first.