The other day I wasn’t too excited thinking about a night of leftovers for dinner so I started browsing Pinterest. I saw a picture of crepes and thought that they sounded delicious and wonderful.
The recipe that I ended up modifying (to make dairy free) was this one from All Recipes.
Below is my modified recipe.
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons melted dairy-free butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs.
- Gradually stir in the milk and water.
- Add in the salt and butter; stir until smooth
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a slightly oiled hot pan
- Tilt the pan in a circle in order to cover the surface evenly
- Cook the bottom until slightly brown then flip and cook the other side.
- Roll and place sliced peaches on top (or other fruit/compote that you want)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
They turned out amazing and I will definitely be making them again. I’m looking forward to trying out different fruits and getting better at making the batter without lumps.
In other news, this is my 100th post! I’m trying to think of some great way to commemorate hitting 100 posts.