Whenever I travel, I try to pack somewhere between Bear Grylls and a Boy Scout. Over the past couple years of frequent travel, I’ve discovered a few things that I consider essential to pack into my travel toiletry bag for every trip. All of these travel toiletry essentials can be found on Amazon, and are perfect for any trip you may be taking.
A few of these may seem to be a bit overkill, but each of those have been something that I missed when I forgot them on a trip.
- Flat Pack Toiletry Bag – I recently got this as a Christmas gift and it has been great for my packing skills. My previous toiletry bag was large and capable of holding more than just the essentials. Plus, it was more of a cube shape which would fit awkwardly when added as a final item to the suitcase.
- Neosporin – Ok, this one might be more on the Boy Scout level, but I use it more often than you’d think.
- Hydrocortisone Cream – I have a couple spots that like to flair up with itchiness so I consider this item an essential.
- Silicon Refillable Travel Containers – Best. Containers. Ever. They’re squishy so you can really empty them out, and it is super easy to refill with your preferred shampoo, conditioner, face wash, etc.
- Manicure Kit – There is nothing worse than breaking a nail and not being able to fix it. Ok, maybe it isn’t the end of the world, but it is definitely up there.
- Blister Band-Aids – When walking a lot (or wearing new shoes), blisters are bound to happen. I seriously LOVE these Band-Aids.
- Hair Elastics – Sometimes your hair just needs to go in a pony tail.
- Foldable Wet Brush – I didn’t get the hype about a wet brush until I got one. It is amazing, and this foldable one is perfect for travel.
- Q-Tips Purse Pouch – Yes I know that I shouldn’t use Q-Tips to clean my ears; however, if I don’t get the water out of my ears after a shower, my ears feel weird the rest of the day. They are also great for touching up makeup when I’m getting ready.
- Philips Sonicare – This doesn’t actually fit inside the toiletry bag, but I can’t travel without it. Fortunately, it comes with a pretty awesome travel case (read more about my love of Sonicare).
- Travel Make-Up Remover Wipes – I am all about ease when it comes to traveling so using one-time use wipes works well for travel.
- Face Moisturizer – I mix up the moisturizer included in my toiletry bag and sometimes fill a reusable jar with my current favorite.
- Lip Balm – Trust me. you want this. You will never regret having extra lip balm.
- Mini Tweezers – Grab those pesky hairs or slivers by the root!
I do still have a separate make-up bag; however, if I’m traveling for just a day or two, I’ll grab a few essentials and throw them in my toiletry bag so I can minimize the suitcase space.
What items do you consider to be essentials for your toiletry bag?