DIY Spring Yarn Wreath

This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this blog.

I have been loving my burlap wreath from this past fall but wanted to do something a little different for the spring. I started my yarn wreath a couple weekends ago and worked on it in small spurts over the past week. Over all, it probably took me about 3 hours to complete; the longest part was wrapping the wreath form and making sure that it was completely covered.

DIY Spring Yarn Wreath

DIY Spring Yarn Wreath

Materials:

Directions:

The first thing I did was score the foam wreath into 8ths so that I would know where to start and stop each section. Tie a piece of yarn around the wreath then wrap it around the form until the entire section is filled. You might need to overlap some pieces in order to completely cover the form. Once the section is full, tie a knot in the yarn and start again with the next color. Repeat these steps until the entire wreath is covered.

The felt flowers are made from a circle cut into a spiral. My circle was roughly 4-6 inches in diameter and the spirals were about 3/4-1 inch thick. Start wrapping from the center then seal the end with a dot of hot glue. I cut 2-3 out at one time and with sharp scissors this was an easy task.

Felt Flower DIY

With the wreath form covered in yarn and the felt flowers made, figure out how you want them arranged on the wreath and then use the glue gun to attach the flowers to the wreath. To finalize the wreath, cut a piece of ribbon about 1 foot long then glue it to the back of the wreath to form a loop so that it can hang.

Felt Flowers on Wreath

I made a bunch more flowers then needed so I could have added more but I liked the smallish bunch in the corner.

I LOVE this wreath; the only thing I would change would be to have a slightly larger form so that it took up a but more space on the wall. I might need to put something in the middle though if it were larger. Are you decorating for spring yet? Let me know how you are decorating in the comments!

Comments

1. 3

Crystal says

Love it!! I never would have thought to do black & white, but it really makes the flowers pop. It looks great!! Pinned :)

2. 6

says

Happy WW and thank you for linking up and sharing with the OMHG WW link up! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright

3. 7

says

Your tutorial is great, makes me think I could make those cute felt flowers too! Thanks for linking up at Thursday Favorite Things. Can’t wait to see what you’ll share next week!

4. 8

says

The felt flowers are my favorite part. I can’t believe how easy they are to make. Thank you so much for linking this up at This Is How We Roll Thursday!

5. 9

says

HUGE fan of yarn wrapped wreaths. If I had enough places to put them and store them I’d probably have 20+ And BTW… this post will be featured at this weeks Two Uses Tuesday! I hope you can make it this week!

6. 10

says

Oh my…so cute! I’m always get so excited to see what you have brought to the party! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being part of our party. I hope to see you on tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

7. 14

says

I love good modern/graphic wreath! So pretty! My gauge of a good wreath is how well it stands out when you’re driving by the house and I bet this one really pops! Love It!

8. 16

says

This is such a lovely wreath, Kendra. I love the color and the felt flowers as well. Very festive through the spring and (as other people have mentioned here) for the summer too! Thanks so much for sharing this piece with us on #shinebloghop this week. We’re so glad you were able to join us :)