Pixel and Pico have been part of our lives for many years. When we headed to the shelter to bring them home, the volunteers mentioned that the cats will pick you, rather than you picking the cat, and it is definitely true. Over my lifetime I’ve had many different cats, each with their own personality; however, they all had one thing in common, every single one of them had us wrapped around their paws.
5 Reasons Cats Own Us – And Why We’re OK With It
- Everything you buy becomes theirs – I like to sit at the kitchen island to work on my laptop in the evenings. Generally Pixel will join me and check out what is on there that she can either sleep on, eat, or knock over.
- They demand fresh water, every 5 minutes – Pico is seriously just like the young girl in the movie ‘Signs’ who constantly needs fresh water. If it is more than 30 seconds old then it is “contaminated” and he will sit there waiting for a new bowl.
- They have no concept of personal space – One of Pixel’s favorite space to sit is behind my head (and then eats my hair). She also likes to lay next to one of her other furry friends (except for Pip, for some reason she hasn’t accepted that Pip is staying after all these years).
- We need them more than they need us – The more we want them, the less they want us; and the less we want them, the more they want us. It is always the person who “doesn’t like cats” that my cats want to cuddle up to during parties.
- I don’t see them cleaning OUR bathroom – Yeah, enough said
Despite all these signs that our cats own us, we still love them, and want the best for them. These cats give us plenty to laugh at, cuddle with, and overall love. Since Pixel & Pico are part of the family, we want to make sure that they stay healthy and active throughout their life.
Science Diet® is the #1 choice that Vets serve their pets, and since it is made with natural, high quality ingredients, it is a great choice for Pico & Pixel. Science Diet is also made without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. We grabbed this bag off of Amazon Subscribe & Save (there were other varieties available as well). With Subscribe & Save, you can set various subscription frequency based on how often you need the item; plus, if you have 5 or more items in one month you get an additional discount. Some of the larger bags of food even ship in a special box with handles to easily carry it around inside.