I swear that from age 3 months to 4 months was like 2 days long. I had a couple trips, including Emmett’s second flight, this time to Las Vegas. Pretty much on his 3 month birthday we started getting full-on laughs and giggles, so it has been fun discovering what sort of things will bring out these ridiculously cute laughs.
Baby’s Favorite Things – 4 Months Old
- Tommee Tippee Pacifiers – The Tommee Tippee pacifiers remain a favorite. He doesn’t use it a ton, but it is still convenient to have when he is a little fussy. He’s now figured out how to pull it out and put it back in; however, he doesn’t always get it put back in with the correct orientation and then simply gums the side.
- Baby Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit – We noticed that Emmett seemed to be waking up more in the middle of the night, and he seemed to be cold in his current swaddle. I had a couple of these Sleepsuits that I had been given at my baby shower so I decided to try it out. Seriously amazing. The first time we used it he slept for 8 hours straight so it is our go-to for naptime and bedtime.
- Nuna Leaf Grow – The ceiling fan has been removed as we finish the living room renovation, but Emmett still loves his Nuna Leaf. Pip and Princess will check him out whenever he’s in the chair, and inadvertently give him a push when they jump down.
- Water Wipes – I still love the Water Wipes and will definitely reach for them if given a choice over other wipes we have open.
- Baby Tula Carrier – Emmett continues to enjoy hanging out in the Tula. We’re still using our Free-To-Grow one because he’s not quite big enough to use the standard size without an infant insert and it is convenient to simply plop him into the carrier and go.
- Cute Bodysuits (Awesome options from Jane.com) – I can’t resist cute outfits, and bodysuits with sassy statements.
- Little Giraffe – This blanket is magic. Seriously. It is soft and perfect for cuddling. He’s fallen asleep while wrapped in this blanket many times while we’re out and about.
- Baby Brezza – This one is more for us than for Emmett, but it makes 2am feedings so much easier since we can make a bottle with the press of a button. Since our moms watch Emmett during the week as well, it also helps them make a bottle without much thought.
- Activity Mat – Emmett will hang out on his activity mat every morning for a bit while Brad and I finish getting ready for work. He’ll happily look around at the toys hanging above his head, and he is *sooooo close* to rolling over from his back to his front as he contorts looking at the different toys.
- Bamboo Swaddle Blankets – We always have at least one of these in our diaper bag. It works great for a lightweight blanket in a chilly location, or as a burp cloth in a pinch.
- Muslin Burp Cloth – Its a burp cloth, its a toy, basically its awesome. I like that they take limited space in the diaper bag, and can be used for so many different things.
- Banana Teether – This banana teether has become one of his favorite toys. He’s still a fan of the NogginStick, but the banana is new, fun, and always in his mouth. It is convenient to simply throw into the diaper bag so he has it with him wherever we go.
- Ball Toy (similar) – Emmett was given a ball toy similar to this one at one of our showers and has become obsessed with it (especially when he is hanging out in the Nuna leaf). He likes that he can grip the sides and move it around (or into his mouth).
- Jellycat Rainbow Tails Book – My cousin gave Emmett this book and he loves it. There are lots of bright colors, textures, and multiple tails that can end up in his mouth while reading.
The animals are also a few of Emmett’s favorite things. He thinks it is hilarious to fly above their heads, and come down for kisses. The dogs are always interested in knowing what he is up to, and will often sneak in to give him a kiss while he laughs.
It has been interesting to see how his favorites have changed this month. It seems like this is really the first time where items have been replaced with others rather than simply added. I’m looking forward to what the next months hold!