Ever since Starbucks introduced their Sous Vide Egg Bites, I have been obsessed with the Bacon & Gruyere ones. I can’t exactly justify picking them up frequently as I try to bring my own coffee each morning (saving Starbucks as a treat for Fridays). I decided to make a few of my own, and found a handful of copycat recipes so I took pieces from each of them and came up with my preferred concoction.
If you have yet to dive into Sous Vide cooking, make sure to start with my post all about Sous Vide items you need to get started!
These are actually super easy to make, the longest part is waiting for the water to heat up.
Bacon & Gruyere Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 6 eggs
- ½ c Gruyere Cheese, grated
- ¼ c Cream Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- Heat the Water to 175* with a Sous Vide Cooker
- Place All ingredients, other than bacon in a blender (my Vitamix was perfect for this)
- Cut each slice of bacon into 12 pieces, place two slices in each 4 ounce canning jar.
- Divide the mixture into the 6 jars (it will pretty much fill right up to the band)
- Twist the bands finger tight and add into the water
- Cook for 1 hour
- Store extras in the fridge.
- To eat later in the week, microwave for 30 seconds and use a fork to pry it out of the jar and onto a plate.
- If you want, you can use a torch to crisp up the top and sides.
I’ve made a few batches of these and still enjoy having them for breakfast. These are larger than the the original Starbucks version so you definitely only need one, the various cheeses make it a pretty rich breakfast. Now I need to figure out a dairy free version so that Brad can enjoy these delicious breakfasts.
Have you tried these Sous Vide Egg Bites? Which flavor is your favorite?