This post is sponsored by Bistro Favorites, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
While summer may have come to an end, light and tasty salads can continue well into the fall. I’m always looking for unique, gourmet salad recipes that I can make myself and enjoy for lunch at work. I need items that can easily be tossed in my backpack because I try to limit how many bags I carry from the train to the office. The salad I’m sharing with you today is fun to make, and includes a bunch of great ingredients.
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Pearl Couscous
- 2.5 cups Water
- Pinch Salt
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 English Cucumbers, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- Bistro Favorites 100% Natural Uncured Black Forest Ham, diced
- In a large sauce pan, bring 2.5 cups of water to a boil. Add a Pinch of salt and 2 cups Pearl Couscous
- Cover and cook until tender (about 6-10 minutes)
- Drain excess water through a colander, pour couscous in a bowl and coat in olive oil
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, mustard, olive oil, and garlic powder
- Stir together the couscous, dressing, cucumbers, peppers, and ham
This salad is perfect to take to work. It is tasty, packed with awesome ingredients, and a nice little treat to enjoy mid-day for lunch. For some added protein to this salad, I used Bistro Favorites 100% Natural Uncured Black Forest Ham. These sliced meats are hand rubbed with spices and made in small batches. There are a variety of flavors currently available: Black Peppered Uncured Beef, Uncured Black Forest Ham, and Rotisserie Seasoned Turkey Breast. Each of these flavors are made with minimal processing and are pretty tasty as well.
In addition to a nice lunch, this salad would be a great side dish for a dinner party or fall BBQ (if the weather allows). I could definitely see it being a huge hit with my friends when they come over for dinner and it could be made year round.