This post is in collaboration with Smirnoff. All opinions are my own.
Christmas is the perfect time for a delicious Christmas cocktail recipe. Lots of parties, festivities, and general merriment call for a delicious and festive cocktail. This Cranberry Mint Fizz is absolutely delicious and pulls in so many great aspects for a Christmas cocktail.
Cranberry Mint Fizz – A Christmas Cocktail Recipe
- Handful of Cranberries
- Leaves from 2 Sprigs of Mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3 ounces Smirnoff Cranberry Vodka
- 3 ounces Cranberry Juice
- 6 ounces Ginger Ale (or Cranberry Ginger Ale if you can find it)
- Cranberries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cranberries, mint, lime juice, and sugar. Make sure that the cranberries break apart so that they take in some of the sugar
- Add the vodka, and juice
- Shake, Shake, Shake
- Gently stir in the Ginger Ale
- Sugar the rim of a cocktail glass
- Pour the cocktail into the sugared glass and garnish with extra cranberries
I love how this cocktail turned out. The Smirnoff Cranberry vodka is perfect for Christmas as cranberry definitely reminds me of the holidays. It has an authentic cranberry taste and blends well with the mint, lime, and ginger flavors of this cocktail. Just a note, you probably don’t want to eat the cranberries that are used for garnish as they are super sour.
Brad and I are hosting a cookie exchange party in a couple weeks and I’m thinking of making a big batch of this cocktail to serve. I might even need to come up with some cranberry cookies to serve along with it and keep my cranberry theme.
In addition to the holiday flavors, this Cranberry Mint cocktail even looks Christmassy with the red and green colors featured in the cocktail. I’m lucky to have a mint plant out on my deck that doesn’t die during the winter so I was able to grab fresh mint from outside to use in this cocktail.