Did you know that there is going to be a Total Solar Eclipse on August 21, 2017? I had heard about it a while ago, and hadn’t thought much about it; however, Brad and I decided that since we like to participate in unique events, we should make an effort to see this once in a lifetime event. So for the past few days I have been researching this event and have compiled a few items that you might want to pick up if you are going to be participating as well. All these items are on Amazon, so it is easy to order and have them delivered straight to your home.
Essentials For The Total Solar Eclipse Found On Amazon
- Viewing Glasses: These glasses are needed for safely watching the eclipse up until totality. There are a variety of glasses available such as Cardboard Viewing Glasses, or Plastic Viewing Glasses.
- Once in a Lifetime events are the perfect time for some fun tees to mark the occasion. There are a bunch available including: Option 1 Eclipse Tee, Option 2 Eclipse Tee, Option 3 Eclipse Tee
- Want a close up view of the sun leading up to totality? The Sunoculars or Mini Sunoculars let you do this safely (do not use normal binoculars without a filter)
- Lawn Chair – There are going to be millions of people who are trying to watch this event. Get comfortable and spend some time enjoying the outdoors on this summer day.
- Cooler – To go along with the lawn chairs, bring along some snacks to enjoy.
- Sunscreen – Even though the main event is seeing the sun disappear, there is quite a bit of time spent out in the sunlight.
- Insulated Water Bottles – Hopefully the day will be perfectly sunny and clear for prime viewing. If so, make sure to stay hydrated.
- Solar Filter Sheet – If you would like to use your camera, binoculars, or telescope, you NEED to have some filtering. This Solar filter sheet is big enough to cover most lenses.
- The Big Eclipse – A cute book all about the Eclipse.
I can’t wait to plan our Total Solar Eclipse Viewing in a couple months. Do you have plans to watch?