Who doesn’t love a good potato casserole with creamy sauce and tasty ham in each bite? Creamy casseroles are one thing that love but never make because I figured they needed cream in order to taste good. I decided this week that I wanted to try and make one with a dairy alternative and see how it turned out.
Dairy Free Ham & Potato Casserole
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 can green beans
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 4 Tablespoons Dairy Free Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Dairy Free Milk (I used rice milk)
- Combine the Potatoes, Green Beans & Ham. Place in a greased 9×13 pan
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour
- Slowly whisk in the milk
- Continue whisking and heat until thickened
- Pour cream into the pan
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
I have been enjoying the leftovers and definitely will be making it again.