This post is in collaboration with CK Mondavi & Family wines. All opinions are my own.
Has spring finally arrived where you live? It seems like Winter has quite the grip on the weather nation wide this year! As spring creeps into our weekly forecast, I love enjoying more and more grilled food. I’m getting ready for some awesome spring and summer BBQs, and these kebabs are going to be a great dish to serve at the parties.
Kebabs For A BBQ – Main Dish & Dessert Ideas
- 1 Package Cubed Steak (Yes you could cut your own, but if they have packages pre-cut for kebabs even better)
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- 1 Onion - cut into 1" slices
- 2 Bell Peppers - cut into 1" Slices
- Add the Steak, Soy Sauce, Honey, Lemon Juice, and Garlic into a bag. Place into the fridge and marinate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Alternate peppers, onion, and marinated steak onto a skewer (I like these metal ones)
- Place on a hot grill, and rotate every couple minutes until the steak reaches your desired temperature.
- Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Of course, a little wine always welcome at our BBQs. For these grilled beef kebabs, I paired it with the CK Mondavi Red Blend. This blend features a combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc, and Malbec. This wine features flavors of boysenberry and plum. In addition to steak, this CK Mondavi Red Blend would also pair nicely with soft cheeses, cured meats, or roasted vegetables.
For the desert part of the meal, I pulled out some CK Mondavi Chardonnay to pair. This Chardonnay contains Chardonnay, Viogner, Pinot Grigio, and Muscat. The crisp flavors of lemon, citrus, and other fruits make it a perfect pairing for this dessert. This white wine and fruit dessert is such a refreshing way to end the evening. I can already imagine a summer filled with us sitting out on the deck with friends, along with a platter of fruit kebabs and glasses of CK Mondavi wine.
These kebabs feature strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries; however, as fruits come into season throughout the summer, they would be easy to customize depending what is available at the local farmer’s market.
To see other awesome recipes to pair along with CK Mondavi & Family Wines, make sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Vimeo. Also, make sure to check out some other wine pairing choices featuring CK Mondavi wines.