I am back in the states from my amazing trip in Kenya (look out for a few more posts about the trip – we had some spotty internet for a while). Today, Ashley from Hello Nature is sharing a delicious no bake recipe!
Hi everyone! It’s Ashley from over at Hello Nature. I am super excited to share this delicious no bake peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough bar recipe with you today! I am a cookie dough lover to the very core. If we have cookie dough in our house, you can bet that 90% of it is eaten by me. And most likely raw. Before you lecture me on the dangers of that, I know. But since I’ve never gotten sick from it, I keep doing it. Not that I’m condoning it, but I’m convinced I’ve eaten enough cookie dough in my lifetime that I’m now immune to getting sick from it.
But since I know it’s probably not a good idea to keep doing that, I figured there had to be a better way to enjoy it. And there is! The answer lies in these no bake cookie dough bars. They’re egg-free, absolutely delicious, and super easy to make. Plus they combine my love for peanut butter and chocolate so it’s a win-win.
For the Bars:
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter Chips
For the frosting:
- 1 Cup of Chunky Peanut Butter (You can use creamy, too)
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
For the Bars:
- Combine the butter and brown sugar. Mix together until the butter is whipped/fluffy (2-3 minutes.)
- Add in the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour half of the flour and half of the sweetened condensed milk in and mix until combined. Repeat with the rest of the flour and sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Lay parchment paper over an 8×8 square dish and grease the parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture in and let harden in the fridge (approximately 3-4 hours or overnight.)
For the Frosting:
- combine the ingredients and melt in the microwave. Cook at 60% power for 1 minute and stir. Cook for another minute and stir. Repeat until the mixture has fully melted.
- Pour the frosting over the top of the cookie dough bars and let harden in the fridge for a few hours.
- Serve cold + enjoy!
Adapted from Life’s Simple Measures
One of the reasons I love these is that I always have the ingredients on hand. So if we have company coming over (or if I just feel like I’m in need of an indulgent dessert) – these are easy to whip together! And the fact that it tastes pretty much exactly like the cookie dough I know I’m not supposed to be eating? Best dessert ever.