Crisps are a favorite in our house. I’m not a fan of crust and my pies never come out correctly so crisps are perfect. We make them quite often and use whichever fruit is in the freezer. One of the favorite combinations is peach and blueberry.
Peach & Blueberry Crisp
- 1 canned Peach Filling (can also just use peaches but it might be runnier)
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 cups roalled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- In a greased 9×13 dish mix together the peaches and blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients
- Sprinkle oat mixture over the fruit
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbling and oats have browned
Once it has cooled then you can enjoy! It would be great with ice cream but is perfect on its own as well. We served this over the weekend for Brad’s birthday celebration and our friends commented that it had the perfect level of sweetness.
If given the choice what would you choose? Pie or Crisp? Let me know what your favorite dessert is in the comments!