Last week I shared some DIY Pudding Mix and gave a hint that there would be a recipe using this mix coming soon. Today is the day! I made some Rice Krispies with a bit of pudding mix added.
Rice Krispies Treats With Pudding Mix
Rice Krispies Treats with Pudding Mix
Enjoy some rice kriespie treats with a nice twist.
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup butter or dairy free substitute
- 1 large bag marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ cup DIY Pudding Mix
- Melt the butter in the a large saucepan (I use this wok)
- Add the marshmallows and stir into the butter. Stir until marshmallows have melted
- Remove from heat and mix in cereal and pudding mix
- Once all the cereal has been incorporated, place into a greased 9x13 pan
I laughed when Brad asked what the “black specks” were in the Rice Krispies. They were the vanilla bean seeds from the pudding. I enjoyed the vanilla flavor that was added to the treats. These treats turned out to be very soft, even a few days later. One problem that I generally have with Rice Krispies treats is that they are rock hard within a few hours but these were amazing!