Growing up I remember taking lots of road trips as we headed out on camping excursions during the summer. While many of the must haves for those trips are no longer needed, some of them are still items that would be great to take on a road trip today. Plus, with the rise of Amazon, it can be even easier to prepare for these vacations. I’ve rounded up a few Road Trip Essentials that you can pick up on Amazon.
Road Trip Essentials Found On Amazon
- Seatback Organizer – Keep all the essentials easy to find and within arm’s reach
- Headphones – If kids are watching shows on their devices the rest of the car doesn’t necessarily want to hear it.
- Small Cooler – If you have long distances to go in a single day, having snacks and beverages within arm’s reach is important.
- Water Bottle – See above
- Atlas – Even though you will be traveling via GPS, growing up I always loved looking at the map and seeing what sort of things were around (plus, I could watch the trip go by town by town).
- Car Games – This set looks great as it has 50 different games to play in one box!
- Kindle Fire – Games, shows, books, and more – the Kindle Fire is a great tablet for road trips
- Audible Subscription – While we might have listed to books on tape (or cd) for our road trips, an Audible subscription gives you a huge selection that can be accessed simply by your phone.
- “Special” Snacks – Make snack time exciting and special with snacks that you don’t normally have. One of my favorite snacks during raod trips was wheat thins with spray cheese. These snacks were special for road trips and always a hit.
- Baby Wipes – There will be messes, and baby wipes are the universal cleaning solution.
- Tide To Go – Going along with the baby wipes, sometimes you want to treat the stain and hopefully be able to wear the shirt a bit longer before having to wash it.
- Car Emergency Kit – A lot can happen on the road. Be prepared with an emergency kit.
- First Aid Kit – Without a doubt, somebody will at least need a bandaid.
What items are on your road trip essential list?