I remember the days of Boston Market and their lovely cinnamon apples (it left Seattle quite a few years ago). The apples were always one of my favorite sides to have along with the grilled chicken main dish. A few years ago I came across a recipe to duplicate those apples and make them every so often to go with our dinner. I’ve simplified the recipe over this time and it still tastes just as good!
The main key to make this work is to slice the apples as even as possible. 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick is the ideal thickness.
Sliced Cinnamon Apples
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples
- Slice apples
- Peel and core the slices
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar in the pan
- Place the apples in the pan
- Let sit for 2 minutes and flip
- Remove when entire apple is soft and can be bent
I guarantee that there will not be leftovers of these apples! They are always first to go.