Mixed fruit crisp is one of the best desserts ever. The crunchy outside with a warm and oozing inside. We tend to make crisps out of any fruit that is in the fridge or freezer; for this reason our crisps are never exactly the same.
I’m always looking for a way to make the crisps a bit different. Last weekend, Renee and Kevin came over after dinner and we decided to make fruit crisp with snicker-doodle cookies as the topping. This time we found rainier cherries, blackberries and pears in the freezer so that was our fruit base. It turned out delicious; the cookies melted into the fruit but retained their crunchy top.
Snicker-doodle Cookie Fruit Crisp
Ingredients for the Crisp:
- 6 cups of Fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour if frozen fruit, 1 T flour if fresh
Ingredients for the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Stir the sugar and flour into the fruit
- Put in a greased 9×13 baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes while you make the cookie dough
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and combine until smooth
- Add in the rest of the cookie ingredients
- Form small balls out of the cookie dough and roll in a sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Flatten the balls and place about an inch apart on the fruit
- Bake for another 25 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!