I was provided with some items for consideration in this guide; however, I only include items which I think are awesome and a great fit.
There are some pretty awesome STEM toys out in the market. STEM practices can be learned from an early age, and be presented through a fun activity. I’ve compiled a few of my favorites below, hopefully you are inspired for your shopping needs this holiday season.
STEM Gifts for Preschoolers
- Magformers – These toys are pretty cool, I could even see myself playing with them and seeing what sort of structures I could create. There are a variety of sets with different shapes so you are only limited by your imagination. Some of the sets even feature LEDs for another added component to the structures. These toys are a great way to start building concepts with preschool aged kids.
- Marble Run – Who else remembers the Mouse Trap game? These Marble Run toys totally remind me of my childhood.
- Gears Toy – This toy is a great way to learn about gears and see how they work in practical applications.
- Spirograph Jr – Spirographs are so mezmorizing and fun to create.
- Shape Matching Puzzle – A fun puzzle that introduces basic shapes and math.
- Code-A-Pillar – I talked about the Code-A-Pillar last year when Aubree got one and she still enjoys playing with it to see how she can direct it.
- Slime Kit – Slime is ooey, gooey, and all sort of fun things that kids love. Make your own and learn about the science behind it.
- Lab Kit – Let your preschooler practice for the future with this fun lab kit
- Microscope – Some things are somewhat terrifying to see under magnification, but others are absolutely gorgeous. Use a microscope to see what sort of structures make up every day objects.
- Butterfly Growing Kit – This is such a fun activity that can be enjoyed over an extended period of time. It is absolutely amazing to see butterflies form.
If you are shopping for a preschooler this Christmas season, make sure to check out a few of these STEM toys and watch them enjoy science and technology for years to come.