The Spiked! challenge that Jamie and Carrie put on has been a lot of fun. For those of you who haven’t heard about this, every other month they pick an alcohol that must be used to bake or cook. This month the chosen alcohol was Tequila. I had a lot of fun thinking about this challenge and deciding what to bake.
Some friends brought us this tequila from Mexico. I figured this would be a perfect time to use some of it.
I love Rhubarb and it is in season right now. It is perfectly paired with Strawberries and I made a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart with Margarita Glaze.
Strawberry Rhubarb Tart with Margarita Glaze
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Tequila
- 3 pie crusts (I used pre-made because I was lazy)
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine First 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Use a cookie cutter or round object to cut out the pie crust
- Place the pie crusts into a greased muffin tin
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the crust has baked
- Mix together all of the glaze ingredients and pour a bit into each cavity
- Add the glaze for the last 10 minutes of baking
These little tarts popped right out of the muffin tin and looked (and tasted) delicious!
My oven started acting weird while this was in the oven so my cooking time had to be a bit longer. Just keep an eye on the crust to see when it is completely cooked.