Earlier this week, Brad bartered some figs for blackberries with his coworker. I’ve been snacking on these blackberries throughout the week and yesterday made some DELICIOUS blackberry muffins. I could seriously eat like 3 of these in one sitting.
Here is the recipe that I used to make these muffins. I used rice milk and dairy free butter so that Brad could eat them; however, they could just as well be made with normal milk and butter.
Dairy Free Blackberry Muffins
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dairy free butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt
- Mix the wet ingredients into the flour mixture
- Fold in the blackberries
- Pour into either a greased muffin tin or muffin liners
- Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool and enjoy!
I used the vanilla extract and vanilla sugar that I made for Christmas gifts in this recipe. (For directions on that go here).
It was great to bake something this week. I still needed help from Brad to get a few of the ingredients, but I’m getting closer to being able to walk in my boot. Hope all of you are baking some amazing dishes with all of the berries and fruit that are in season right now!
Linking up at: