My Inner Nerd – A Mad Scientist Birthday Party
Saturday I brought out my inner nerd and hosted a Mad Scientist Birthday Party. It turned out AMAZING! Many of my friends listened to the invite and came dressed as their own version of Mad Scientists. I channeled Penny from Big Bang Theory with a cute dress and leggings outfit. Enjoy the recipes and pictures from the party below!
Mad Scientist Food
The Menu for the party included:
- Vaporized Strawberry (recipe below)
- Green & Cheesy Goodness (Artichoke & Parmesan Dip by Caitlin)
- Miniaturized Hotdogs (lil smokies w/ bbq sauce)
- Exothermic Chicken (see recipe here)
- Meat of Non-Humans (recipe below)
- Natural Carbon Compound (veggie tray)
- Beaker & Sciency Cookies
- Dry Ice Punch
Mad Scientist Recipes
Vaporized Strawberry (aka Strawberry Bisque)
- 3 pounds strawberries
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Tablespoons Agave Nectar
Meat of Non-Humans (aka Bean & Corn Salad)
- 1 cup black beans (I used dry, canned could be used too)
- 1 cup red beans (I used dry, canned could be used too)
- 2 cans corn, drained
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 2 Avocados – chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Directions: Combine all ingredients besides avocados, toss in lime juice and olive oil. Refrigerate and add avocado right before serving.
Mad Scientist Supplies
Below are some of the supplies that I bought for this party:
- Atom Napkins – Etsy
- Images for Printables – Etsy
- Science Cookie Cutters – Amazon
- Gray & White Paper Straws – Amazon
- Test Tubes – Amazon
Pictures from the Party
|Brad adding the initial dry ice to the punch|
|Barry & Christie get the best nerd outfit award|
|Christie bringing me my birthday cake|
I am thrilled with how everything turned out. More people came dressed in costume than I assumed and we all had a great time eating lots of food and enjoying each others company. I have wonderful friends who support all of my crazy ideas!
Linking up at:
This is such a good idea! I love this!
How fun! Such a great idea. :)
Lisa Jennings says
What a fun idea!! Looks like a blast! Really wish we could have been there!
Melissa Jo says
LOVE this idea! I think adult parties with themes are always a blast.
I just love the Dr _______ PhD labels on the cups. How clever!
Thanks! It was a lot of fun putting this party together.