I have decided to bring back Recipe Wednesday!
Recipe Wednesday began as New Food Wednesday back in June but was discontinued after two posts when I got injured. I am going to bring it back, but instead of being ALL new recipes to me, I’m going to make them new to you!
Today’s recipe is a Pasta salad that is ideal for summer but can easily be made year round.
Pasta & Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 pound bowtie pasta
- 1 English Cucumber, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 T oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 t ground pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- Cook and rinse pasta with cold water
- Place in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in oil and chopped veggies, set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingrdients
- Pour over salad, combining well
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours
- Stir before serving
I make this often for parties as it is easy to serve and everybody enjoys it. Just make sure to serve with a slotted spoon so that you don’t end up with a bunch of the marinade on your plate.
Have an amazing Wednesday! Next week I will be sharing some of the recipes that I am making for Saturday’s Mad Scientist Party!