This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Pip spends a lot of time in his “house” (kennel). If we can’t find him, most likely he’s taken a ball or other toy in there to chill out for a while. At one point we cleaned out his house and discovered that he had 15 balls in there, we made sure that he finished off those before he got any new ones. Since he spends so much time in there, I want to make sure that he’s as comfortable as possible.
I was at Target picking up some dog food and wandering around to see what else I had to have (because that’s what you have to do when you go to Target) when I decided that I should give Pip an updated house.
Pip has a fleece blanket in his house that he will burrow into, but I wanted to give him even more comfort with a foam bed. I already had some fleece up in my fabric stash so all I needed to pick up was some foam. The 15″x17″ fit perfectly into his kennel, I wanted a few inches left in front so that his food dish would still fit nicely in there.
Pip was very excited when he came inside and discovered that there was something new in his house. He immediately ran into it and made himself comfortable This project is super easy, check out the instructions below.
- Fleece (Width of your foam + 8 inches)
- My fleece was 57″ wide, I cut the length to the width of my foam + 8 inches
- I kept the fleece as one piece so that I could push the foam into the fold and then left the opposite end open so that I could Remove the foam and wash the cover
- While folded in half, cut strips along the 2 sides up about 3 inches and 1 inch apart then tie the two top and bottom strips together. The strips only need to go up as far as the edge of the foam.
- Stuff the foam into fleece and then fold the ends into the pocket
This bed took only about 10 minutes to make and gives Pip something cozy to make his house even better.
I like to spoil Pip and Princess, and whenever I come home from Target they end up with a treat. I shop at Target a lot so it is super convenient to pick up their food, treats, and toys there as well. Target has a wide range of IAMS products (for both Dogs and Cats). IAMS has lots of different options for the dog food – from puppy to senior, toy breed to large breed, they are covered with a IAMS variety.
Right now Target has a few Cartwheel offers to help you save while treating your pets. Check them out:
- 10% off IAMS dog food (includes both wet & dry) (Expires 7/25)
- 10% off IAMS dry cat food (Expires 7/11)
- 5% off IAMS wet cat food (Expires 7/11)
As you can see, Pip is a fan of his new bed and his dinner.
How do you spoil your pets with Iams?
Oh I should try this, our dogs could use a new bed!!
That’s perfect! Thanks for sharing :)
Oh I am so going to make this!!
Cristi Comes says
Doesn’t he look cozy! Smart to keep the end open so you can wash it. I love that Grain Free Naturals line, especially for pets with allergies. #client