Each year for Christmas, my aunt Evelyn brings Apricot-Pineapple Jam to add to the ham. When I got all of these free Apricots last week I knew that I wanted to make my own version of this jam. I wasn’t 100 percent happy with the recipes that I found because all of them called for canned crushed pineapple. Since I couldn’t find one that had for fresh pineapple, I went ahead and made one with pre-canned pineapple. Next year, I will try making my own crushed pineapple in order to add to this recipe.
Apricot Pineapple Jam
- 5 cups chopped apricots
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 box low-sugar needed pectin
- Wash and pit apricots, chop into small pieces
- Add apricots and pineapple with syrup into a large sauce pan
- Mix in the pectin, place over high heat and stir until it boils
- Add the sugar and stir, bring to a rolling boil and boil hard for one minute
- Ladle into jars leaving 1/4″ headspace
- Process in hot bath canner for 10 minutes
Now I’m craving ham, green bean casserole and all the other yummy Christmas foods :)
This sounds fantastic! Have a great week!
Hi, what size of canned pineapple did you use for this recipe?