Friday evening with the neighbors generally leads to some good adventures. A couple weeks ago we were looking for something to do with some pie filling that Brad and I had canned this past summer. After bouncing a few ideas around we decided to create a crisp with cinnamon rolls as the crust. They were delicious. It was getting late into the evening so we opted for store bought cinnamon roll dough but I’m pretty sure they would taste even better with homemade.
- Can of cinnamon rolls (or a recipe that would bake in a 9×9 pan)
- Can of Fruit Pie Filling (See my recipes for Cherry and Peach)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- Place cinnamon rolls in the bottom of a greased 9×9 pan
- Press the cinnamon rolls out so that they fill the bottom of the pan
- Pour the Pie Filling over the rolls and spread out
- Sprinkle the oats and cinnamon on top
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Serve warm with a bit of whipped cream or ice cream
Enjoy! Want to see more recipes? Check out my other posts here.
Lala H says
looks so yummy! i cant wait to try this one! new follower here
$25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway