Earlier this week, I posted about making Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade Concentrate from some super cheap strawberries that I found. During the same trip, I found bag of Key Limes for $1.69 and I knew that there was potential for some sort of amazing recipe. The Key Limes also reminded me of Brad and my trip to Key West last summer.
- 3-4 pounds chicken cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine juice, soy sauce and garlic
- Pour over chicken, cover, and marinate for 8 hours (or overnight)
- Heat oil in skillet
- Sprinkle Chicken with salt & pepper
- When oil is hot, add chicken and brown each side
- Remove chicken from the pan
- Saute onions in the same pan
- Add chicken to onions and add reserved marinade
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender
I served this Chicken & Onion mixture with a side of steamed green beans. It was a delicious dinner and I will definitely be making it again.
What sort of summer recipes have you all been making? Leave a link in the comments if you have a recipe to share!