One of my favorite things about spring and summer is fresh rhubarb. When I was a kid, I used to eat it raw because I liked the tartness. My favorite thing now is to put it in scrumptious baked goods. For a few other rhubarb recipes I’ve done, check out these cookies and vodka.
Orange Rhubarb Muffins
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2.5 cups rhubarb
- Cream together the butter and sugar until it is nice and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, orange and vanilla
- Mix in the dry ingredients and sour cream
- Fold in the rhubarb.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I enjoyed mine plain, they didn’t need butter or jam or anything because they were so moist and flavorful.
These muffins were delicious and did not last long in our kitchen. I have 5 rhubarb plants growing in my garden this year and I’m hoping that they produce a lot of yummy stalks to go with the 30 strawberry plants I have as well.
Do you enjoy rhubarb? What is your favorite thing to make with it?