Earlier this year I made a couple trips to New York City, during those trips I had some time to explore the city and came up with a few essentials to have. These are products that you ill want basically year round so whether you are traveling to NYC in the Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, make sure to pick up a few of these items for your trip.
Packing Essentials For New York City – Found On Amazon
- Mirrorless Camera Bundle – I normally use my DSLR for taking photos around the house; however, it gets heavy (especially with multiple lenses). This camera was a great solution for traveling. It is much lighter and easier to throw into my bag as I walk around the city.
- Rain Jacket – Even in the middle of summer, one of the days of my trip was almost a complete downpour.
- External Battery Charger – NYC days are long; unfortunately, cell phone batteries generally don’t keep up so having an extra battery the bag is handy. I used my phone to take photos of yummy food, guide me around the city, and keeping up with people back home, and knew that my battery could keep up.
- Sunglasses – The sun shines, it is bright, enough said.
- Birkenstocks – When I first got my Birks I wasn’t so sure about them, but about 3 weeks later I was hooked and loved walking around the city in these sandals.
- Tennis Shoes – Comfortable shoes are definitely a must. If it isn’t exactly Birkenstock season, then some comfy tennis shoes are needed for walking around the city.
- Wristlet – When I headed out to shows in the evening, I didn’t want to carry around a big bag so I threw some essentials in my wristlet and headed out. I like this one because it is large enough to hold my phone and whatever else I might need for the evening.
- Stylish Backpack – Using a stylish backpack for a purse was my preferred item while traveling around because it went with whatever cute outfit I had that day, plus it could hold all of my necessities for the day.
- Fitbit – You WILL walk a lot. The battery of my fitbit actually died while I was traveling (and forgot to bring my charger) so I didn’t get a count for every day, but it was pretty on par with a day at Disney.
- Blister Protection Band-Aids – With all that walking comes blisters. I love these band-aids because they actually seem to protect the area and give a bit of padding.
- Insulated Waterbottle – This is one of my favorite water bottles. It keeps the water cold, and since it is insulated, the bottle won’t sweat.
I hope this post is helpful for you as you plan your exciting trip to New York City!