This post is in collaboration with Bush’s Beans. All opinions are my own.
One of the best things about winter meals is the fact that it is the perfect time to pull out my slow cooker and let dinner cook itself while I’m at work. We pretty much always have the ingredients for this Beef Taco Soup in our pantry and freezer so it is a great meal to throw together the night before and then start cooking in the morning.
Delicious Beef Taco Soup
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Cans Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cans Corn Kernels
- 1 Can Bush's Best Pinto Beans - Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Can Bush's Best Kidney Beans - Drained & Rinsed
- 2 Cans Bush's Best Black Beans - Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 4 Cloves Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Brown the ground beef, mix in the minced garlic, onion powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon
- In a large slow cooker, stir in all the canned ingredients and beef broth
- Mix in the browned ground beef
- Cook on low for 10 hours
When it comes to food, I’m generally not a huge fan of hot & spicy meals so my taco soup is definitely going to be on the milder side. If you would like a bit more of a kick, you could add in some chili powder for a bit of spice.
I like to top my taco soup with a little bit of cheddar cheese because cheese is delicious and really should be added to anything.
Bush’s Beans are a great pantry staple because they can be used in so many recipes. Earlier this year, I shared about using them in Summer Fajitas, and this Taco Soup is great for the cooler months. There are a wide variety of Bush’s Best Bean flavors, and they are available at Walmart for your shopping convenience. We are especially fans of the black and kidney beans.