This weekend marks the beginning of summer. This crisp is a wonderful addition to any BBQ or gathering. Rhubarb and Strawberries compliment each other so well to balance the sweetness and tartness of this dessert.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoon softened butter
- Combine the rhubarb and strawberries in a 9x9 baking dish
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar and softened butter
- Spread the oat mixture over the fruit
- Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the crisp is golden brown.
This crisp is amazing with a little bit of vanilla ice cream. I have already made it twice for some gatherings and it was gone within a couple days.