A couple weeks ago, I shared a delicious Red, White, & Blue Cocktail that was perfect for the Winter Olympics and today I have another thing to enjoy – a layered shot! To make this even more special, the shot glass is rimmed with edible gold stars!
Layered shots are quite fun to make (I did a Seahawks inspired one a couple years ago). With a bit of practice, these layered shots are easy to make and definitely a fun addition to any party.
Winter Olympics Inspired Red, White, & Blue Shot
- Lime Juice & Edible Gold Stars for rim
- 0.5 Ounces Chamboard
- 0.5 Ounces Blue Curacao
- 0.5 Ounces LocoNut Coconut Rum
- Pour some Lime Juice into a bowl, and the gold stars into a second bowl
- Dip the Shot glass into the lime juice then rub it into the stars to cover the rim
- Pour 0.5 Ounces Chamboard into the shot glass
- Hold a spoon over the shot glass with the dome pointed up and pour the Blue Curacao slowly over the top
- Repeat with the LocoNut Rum
These various alcohols have similar specific gravity numbers so it can be a bit tricky to get them to layer. My blue and white layers definitely mixed together a bit; but they still gave off a nice white & blue look. I love the gold stars as the rim because they definitely add to the Olympic spirit of the shot.
This shot has flavors of Orange, Raspberry, and Coconut which blend together nicely into this fun layered shot. It is such a unique way to celebrate while watching the Winter Olympics; and show off your alcohol layering skills and team spirit to your friends.
Are you going to be hosting any viewing parties for the Winter Olympics this year? I hope that this shot is on the menu!