Wow! We already have another month of parenting under our belts. Many of the items that were Emmett’s favorites at 1 month old remain, with a few new additions this month.
The past month has been a month of change. Emmett has outgrown his newborn clothes (at first mostly because his head no longer fit through the neck hole, but then he did actually get too tall for them too). He now weighs over 10 pounds! He’s still on the smaller side for weight, but his head is right in the 50-75th percentile.
He has also increased his formula intake each feed and is just about up to 4 ounces each time (with a few 2 ounce snacks thrown in when we’re looking to head out for an activity).
Baby’s Favorite Things – 2 Months Old
Without further ado, the items below are Emmett’s (and our) favorite things at 2 months of age.
- Love to Dream Swaddle Up – We’ve basically only used the Swaddle Up this month. It is his absolute favorite way to sleep, and I even went out and bought another to add into the rotation. He is still in the Small size, and once he starts to roll, there is a version where the arms zip off so he can roll back over.
- Tommee Tippee Pacifiers – Still his favorites. We have 6 of them around the house, and car, and diaper bag. Every once in a while I try another one to see if he’ll take it and for the most part he’ll only take these pacifiers.
- Nuna Leaf Grow – Emmett is happiest in his Nuna Leaf if he can watch the ceiling fan while swaying away. Pip and Princess still enjoy watching him, and pushing the chair when they jump up to check on him.
- Tommee Tippee Bottles – While Emmett is picky on his pacifiers, he’s less picky on his bottle. We’ve tried out a couple others in the past month and he took them just fine; however, since we have such a large stash of the Tommee Tippee, they are pretty much all he uses.
- Water Wipes – These remain my favorite wipes that we have. They are super moist so they feel like they actually get a good wipe. Plus I like knowing how good they are for sensitive skin. He doesn’t appear to have sensitive skin at this point, but in case it develops, we’ll be ready!
- 4moms Breeze Plus Playard – We currently have this set up in our playroom for a secondary sleeping and changing location for when we’re hanging out in the living room. He’s getting a bit big for the bassinet portion so we’ll be putting a changing table in the room and taking the bassinet portion off the playard.
- Baby Tula Carrier – Emmett will still routinely fall asleep in the Tula so if he’s being a bit fussy while I’m trying to get stuff done I’ll put him in there for a nap. Right now he’s still a bit small for the standard Tula so we have a infant insert. I was thinking through how warm that will be when we head to Disney so I recently purchased a Free-To-Grow Coast version for a cooler option.
- Cute Bodysuits (Awesome options from Jane.com) – Life is too short for boring clothes. He basically lives in Bodysuits because Summer finally hit and it is pretty warm to wear a full outfit.
- Little Giraffe Luxe Blanket – This is still his favorite blanket and it remains super soft even after washes. Plus, I enjoy feeling the soft blanket when I hold him while he’s all wrapped up in it.
- Baby Brezza – I love how easy it is to make bottles throughout the day (and middle of the night). While Emmett isn’t picky on the temperature of his bottles (other than not liking them straight out of the fridge), it is still a lot easier to simply press a button to make a bottle rather than measuring and mixing.
- Activity Mat – We’re starting to get a bit more playtime into our daily routine and he’s enjoying spending time on his activity mat. When I was setting up our registry, I picked this mat because the sides folded up a bit and I thought it was great because it would help to keep the dogs out; turns out it folds up to become a ball pit!
- Babyletto Hudson Crib – Fortunately, Emmett has been a good sleeper in his crib since we got home from Portland. When we were researching cribs I fell in love with the look of the Hudson Crib. I was putting together a grey & white nursery, and the Hudson by Babyletto was one of the first ones to be released in grey. We have a makeshift nursery set up right now, but as we get the real nursery set up it will be a perfect focal point.
- Noggin Stick – I was first introduced to the Noggin Stick a few years ago, and included it in my Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide. Emmett’s eyes light up and his smile emerges whenever he sees the Noggin Stick get pulled out. It changes colors on touch and he seems to really enjoy watching the colors change when we tap it on his arms and stomach.
- Bamboo Swaddle Blankets – Sometimes the Little Giraffe blanket is a bit warm so then we pull out one of our bamboo swaddle blankets. They too are nice and soft, and super lightweight. They’re nice and big so they can easily be folded up for a bit more warmth if needed, and can be wrapped around him in various situations. I’ve also been known to use it as a burp cloth in desperate situations.
- Mirrors – Emmett LOVES smiling at himself when he gets into the carseat or on his activity mat. Not only is the mirror in the car essential so I can glance back and check on him while driving, it is also a great source of entertainment for himself.
Each week is a fun new adventure with Emmett, and we’ve been enjoying watching him grow!