I loved mashed potatoes and their delicious, creamy texture. I like to add sour cream to give my mashed potatoes the desired creamy and smooth texture, but that doesn’t work well here since Brad needs dairy free.
Creamy Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium-large potatoes, peeled and chopped in 3rds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Water to fill pot
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 6 oz Dairy Free Sour Cream (half a container)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put the peeled potatoes in a large pot and fill with water until they are covered.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a slow boil
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft (the smaller pieces will start to fall apart)
- Use a slotted spoon to pull the potatoes out of the water and into a mixing bowl
- Use the whisk attachment and whisk until smooth.
- Mix in the sour cream, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
These mashed potatoes were so delicious you don’t realize that they are dairy free! I kept sneaking bites of these mashed potatoes while I was making the rest of dinner. What do you like to mix into your mashed potatoes?