How was everybody’s weekend? I spent the entire weekend with my etsy shop at a craft fair so it was a little crazy. I had a great time and now I’m wishing I had signed up for some more this Christmas season.
On to today’s A DIY Christmas post! Today I have a gift that would be ideal for a gift exchange that happens before Christmas Day so that it could be displayed for longer. This scrabble ornament is fun to make and easily customized for the recipient. I am in a constant hunt for the wooden scrabble pieces at thrift stores so that i can make fun items like this.
DIY Scrabble Ornament
- Scrabble Letters
- Scrapbook paper
- Christmas Ribbon
- Glue Gun or E600 Glue
- Xacto Knife
- Modge Podge
- Jewelry Bail
- Use glue to attach the scrabble letters to the back side of the scrapbook paper
- Once dried, cut around the letters with an xacto knife
- Coat the back side of the ornament (the paper side) with Modge Podge (optional)
- Glue the Jewelry Bail onto the top of the ornament
- Thread the bail with festive ribbon
Some word ideas:
- Recipient’s Name or Last name
One tip I have – choose words with lots of vowels (there are a lot more vowels than consonants in the scrabble game).
Looking for more DIY Christmas gift ideas? Check out the A DIY Christmas tab above.