This post is in collaboration with CK Mondavi & Family wines. All opinions are my own.
Summer is the season where everything should be cooked on the grill, and this includes dessert. Even though we have A/C, I don’t necessarily want to heat up the house by turning on the oven. We’ve cooked a variety of things on our grill, but this is the first time doing a grilled dessert fruit pizza. It definitely won’t be the last! I headed out of town right after we made these, and I came home to only a couple left.
Grilled Dessert Fruit Pizza
- Pizza Dough (I generally buy pre-made, but not yet cooked dough when we make our own pizzas)
- ¼ Cup Butter, melted
- 1 T Ground Cinnamon
- 1 T Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Flour
- Lemon Curd
- Pre-heat the grill to 425*
- Add a Pizza Stone to the grill and let it come up to temperature (about 5 minutes)
- Dust the stone with flour
- Spread pizza dough to ¼-1/2 inch thick
- Cut into 3" circles and place on a cookie sheet
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar
- Coat the top of the pizza dough with butter, and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Transfer each pizza to the stone and let cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown
- Top each pizza with 1 Tablespoon Lemon Curd and then with various berries
The tartness of lemon curd, and the sweetness of the berries combine perfectly with the soft pizza dough for this amazing dessert. I love fresh berries during the summer, and this dessert is an amazing way to feature them at a summer BBQ.
This would also taste delicious as a single large dessert pizza; however, I wanted the individual serving size because it is the easiest way to serve them at parties. Plus, it is a lot easier to handle small bits of dough when transferring it to the pizza stone.
A fresh and crisp wine is exactly what this recipe calls for, so I served this grilled dessert pizza with a glass of CK Mondavi & Family Pinot Grigio. The tropical and peach flavors of this wine make a perfect accompaniment for a fruity and sweet dessert. Summer is the ideal time to sit out on the back deck with a glass of chilled and light wine, along with a little sweet treat.
To see other awesome recipes to pair along with CK Mondavi & Family Wines, make sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Vimeo. Also, make sure to check out some other wine pairing choices featuring CK Mondavi wines.