I’ve been craving raspberries recently and looking for something to do with them. I couldn’t find a recipe that was exactly what I wanted so I decided to use the crust of a lemon bar and make up the filling part. Surprisingly it worked and they taste delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 cups frozen raspberries thawed with liquid (note: I froze these myself and they had no additional sugar, if you buy frozen with sugar then decrease the amount of sugar added below)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar – I used vanilla turbanido sugar that I made last year
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry crust ingredients in a mixer, slowly cut in butter and mix until it resembles a course crumble
- Press into greased 9×13 pan
- Bake crust for 15 minutes
- Mix together all of the filling ingredients
- Pour onto crust and bake for another 30 minutes or until the center has set
- Cool, cut into bars and enjoy!
Brad was slightly skeptical when he walked in and saw the bars cooling on the stove. They ended up being delicious and I definitely will make them again.