Welcome to the holiday season! I have some great gift ideas for a variety of people on your shopping list. Make sure you check out my Super Holiday Gift Guide One Stop Shop for all your gift giving needs!
Today’s guide is for that person on your list who absolutely loves everything that lights up, has an app, or can be programmed to run more efficiently. They always have the latest devices (and multiple of them) and like to make sure that just about everything in their home has a power button.
Super Holiday Gift Guide For the Techie
Make sure you check out the end of this post for a giveaway featuring a couple of these items!
- Picture Keeper Connect – Our phones contain our lives, it is so important to keep this data backed up and saved. The Picture Keeper Connect keeps your memories safe and also helps prevent the “out of memory” pop-up because once your photo is safely backed up, it can be deleted off the phone. Simply use the Picture Keeper app to start the backup, the device even knows if it has already backed up each image so it knows that it can skip over it on the next run. The Picture Keeper Connect is compatible with Apple & Android smartphones/tablets so no matter what the recipients ecosystem is, they are sure to be able to use this device for some peace of mind.
- Kanex Sydnee – With multiple smart devices comes multiple charging cables. The Kanex Sydnee helps keep them all organized in a single location. In addition to charging up to 4 devices at a time, it has a “smart charge” feature which detects which device(s) are charging so that it cane make sure those ports are getting the most power. Plus, you only need one power cord going into the wall to charge all 4 devices! Kanex also has a TON of great accessories for your smart devices.
- Onyx by Orion Labs – Turn your cell phone into a walkie-talkie that can be used world wide with the Onyx. You can create groups to chat among each other with just a press of a button, while your phone stays conveniently in your pocket or bag. The Onyx can be in multiple groups so either chat 1:1 with somebody; or select a different group and chat with a large group of users. Location tracking can be turned on or off, so instead of asking if somebody has left yet, simply check the app for their location. It was also recently announced that Onyx will be working with Amazon Echo shortly (which conveniently is also in this gift guide down below).
- EyeFi Pro – Perfect way to upload DSLR photos to a phone for ease of social sharing. I absolutely LOVE mine (although because of it, I definitely need the Picture Keeper to prevent “out of memory” pop-ups).
- QI charger – Many phones now can be charged wirelessly, a Qi charger is integral for this type of charging, and is perfect for keeping around the desk at work or throughout the house.
- Smart Thermostat (Nest or Honeywell) – With the Nest, the thermostat will learn your patterns for optimum energy efficiency. Another option is to use a Z-Wave or Wi-Fi enabled thermostat which allows you to control the climate of your home through your phone when away.
- iRoller – Screens get gross, the iRoller helps keep them clean
- Philips Hue Starter Kit – What techie doesn’t like app controlled LEDs and changing the colors based on the mood?
- Yurbuds (women) & (men) – These bluetooth earbuds are amazing, they don’t fall out, and keep the sound going directly into the ear.
- Bluetooth Showerhead – I can remember having a shower radio when I was younger, it never really worked but I always tried. This bluetooth showerhead is definitely a step up from the shower radio!
- Amazon Echo – The Echo is a powerhouse in home automation, it connects to tons of devices and apps to make the home completely connected.
- USB outlets – No need to use the wall wart with these USB outlets. We installed some in our Kitchen Island and they are amazing. Note that these will require professional installation.
- BB8 Droid – Seriously, how cute is BB8 and this looks like so much fun to play with.
- Schlage Bluetooth Deadbolt – No keys are needed with this bluetooth and keypad deadbolt. Set up time frames to allow certain people into your home, and never get locked out again!
- Zoom lens for phone – Smart phone cameras are getting good, but nothing beats the zoom like a real lens
- Sonos Play:1 – Listen to music throughout the house with a Sonos system. The Play:1 is the perfect size for a bedroom.
- Sonos Playbar – The PlayBar can be tied into the Sonos system and can be used either to play music, watch TV, or enjoy a movie.
- High Powered Router – A good secure router is necessary for a smart home, and any good techie will enjoy customizing it to their perfection
- Circuit board tie clip – Subtly show off some nerdness with this Circuit Board that has been converted into a Tie Clip & Cuff Links set
- Circuit board pen – No need for a Tie Clip & Cuff Links? Then check out this pen which is made from upcycled circuit boards
- Fossil Q Watch – Wearable Tech is where it is at! Check out one of the many smart watches on the market, like this Fossil Q Watch.
I hope this Super Holiday Gift Guide has given you some ideas for the perfect gift for the Technology Lover in your life! Check out the giveaway below to win your very own Picture Keeper Connect & Kanex Sydnee charger.