This post is in collaboration with Smirnoff. All opinions are my own. Please drink responsibly.
Over the weekend, my friend Sarah came over for some shopping, item swapping, and recipe creation. You know you have reached adulthood when you start giving each other bed frames and TVs. Sarah and I both love coming up with delicious cocktail recipes and we had so much fun working on the best execution for this Caramel Creme Brulee Martini.
This cocktail would be perfect to enjoy with some girlfriends (maybe for Galentine’s Day) while enjoying a cheesy chick flick.
- ¼ cup Turbinado sugar
- Caramel Sauce
- 3 ounces Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
- 3 ounces Horchata
- 3 ounces Cream
- Whipped Cream & Ground Cinnamon for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, mix ice, Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka, Horchata, and Cream
- Shake, Shake, Shake
- Strain into a rimmed glass
- Garnish with Whipped Cream & Ground Cinnamon
- Place Foil on a cookie sheet
- Spread ¼ cup of Turbinado sugar in a thin layer on the foil
- Use a cooking torch to caramelize the sugar
- Spread caramel sauce around the rim of a martini glass
- Dip the glass in the caramelized sugar to coat the rim
Sarah and I were trying to figure out the perfect way to incorporate the caramelized sugar into this martini. We tried a variety of sugars and melting methods. Only one finger was burnt in the recipe testing process (and really I should have known better than to touch the hot metal). lol.
Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka is the perfect addition to this cocktail. The caramel blends in well with the cinnamon flavors of the horchata. Topping with whipped cream further adds to the decadence of the drink.
This Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day) would be the perfect time to enjoy Caramel Creme Brulee Martini. Sit down, have a drink, enjoy each other’s company, and laugh into all hours of the night. When would you enjoy this delicious cocktail?