A Long Island Iced Tea is one of my favorite drinks when Brad and I go out to eat (which is somewhat funny because I don’t like normal Iced Tea). This drink can be more difficult to make at home because it requires so many ingredients.
Long Island Iced Tea
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz White Rum
- 1 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz Homemade Sweet & Sour Mix
- Splash Coke
- Maraschino Cherry (for garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add all of the alcohol items and Sweet & Sour Mix to the shaker
- Shake, Shake, Shake
- Pour the mixture into a glass and top with a splash of coke
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry
I will let you in on a secret – you can buy all the alcohols pre-mixed together. Brad and I like the Desert Island brand. Then simply combine it with the Sweet & Sour Mix plus the Coke.
I am already thinking about summer BBQs in the backyard and enjoying these with some friends. With how easy it is to make with these drinks, it would be great to make a big batch in a pitcher and then offer some Coke for each person to top off their drink.