Emmett has had an exciting month! He had his first road trip, and his first plane ride to Disneyland! He also discovered a few new tricks. He will sometimes roll over from his stomach to his back, and most recently he started laughing!
We also discovered that Emmett loves hanging out in the pool and going swimming. He first went swimming when we were in Portland, and then later again at Disneyland. We had an idea that he would love the pool with how much he enjoys bath time, and it was definitely confirmed!
Baby’s Favorite Things – 3 Months Old
- Love to Dream Swaddle Up – This swaddle remains the only one in the rotation. We did try one other for two naps one day, but he is still a little small for it. He loves sucking on his hands, and can somewhat get his hands in his mouth with the Swaddle Up, but sometimes still goes for the pacifier as he falls asleep.
- Tommee Tippee Pacifiers – We haven’t tried any new pacifiers this past month because he simply loves these. We made sure to pack three of these pacifiers with us when we went to Disneyland. One pretty much was always in the stroller cup holder for easy access if needed.
- Nuna Leaf Grow – The ceiling fan has been removed as we finish the living room renovation, but Emmett still loves his Nuna Leaf. Pip and Princess will check him out whenever he’s in the chair, and inadvertently give him a push when they jump down.
- Water Wipes – I don’t know what it is about these wipes, but I just like them. I think it has to do with how they are extra moist and seem to help wipe everything clean.
- Baby Tula Carrier – The Free-To-Grow carrier (the coast variation) was ESSENTIAL during our Disneyland trip. Whenever Emmett is a bit fussy, we’ll put him in the Tula and within minutes he is generally asleep. He took many naps in the Tula while walking around Disneyland
- Cute Bodysuits (Awesome options from Jane.com) – I can’t resist cute outfits. Fortunately, he doesn’t have an opinion on his outfits quite yet so I can do whatever I want.
- Noggin Stick – The Noggin Stick remains his favorite toy. He loves watching the light change whenever we tap it on his legs or nose. He also tries to suck on the face or ears.
- Little Giraffe – This blanket is magic. Seriously. It is soft and perfect for cuddling. He’s fallen asleep while wrapped in this blanket many times while we’re out and about.
- Baby Brezza – This one is more for us than for Emmett, but it makes 2am feedings so much easier since we can make a bottle with the press of a button. Since our moms watch Emmett during the week as well, it also helps them make a bottle without much thought.
- Activity Mat – Emmett has rolled over from his stomach to his back a couple times while playing on his activity mat. We’re not 100% sure he did it intentionally, or if it happened on accident, but it has been on 3 or 4 different occasions during the month. So far, his favorite part of the activity mat is the mirror that hangs on the cross bar.
- Bamboo Swaddle Blankets – We always have at least one of these in our diaper bag. It works great for a lightweight blanket in a chilly location, or as a burp cloth in a pinch.
- Muslin Burp Cloth – We’ve used some muslin burp cloths since he was born, but this past month, Emmett has also discovered that they can be a fun toy. They can be used for playing peek-a-boo, or he’ll simply rub it against his face while he hangs out in his Nuna.
- Never Touch A Shark – Emmett has started paying attention a bit more as we read him books. He does seem to especially enjoy ones with great textures on the pages.
- Baby Jogger City Select – We’ve started using the stroller more this past month. Emmett would much rather sit in the stroller chair rather than the car seat when we go out for a walk. When we went to Disneyland, we brought along the second seat so that either Jaxson or Brody could go on adventures with Brad and Emmett.
We’re looking forward to see what this month holds and see what new things Emmett can do!